KACA Board Meeting October 17, 2015
KEY ALLEGRO CONDO BOARD MEETING
Minutes for Oct. 17, 2015
Attendance: Bob Barber, Richard Beck, Paul Stern, Jim Stech and Don Sheets. Kelly Lough, maintenance director. Jean James –scribe
Meeting called to order at 12:25pm
Minutes of August 29, 2015 meeting – moved to approve, Don. Seconded Paul, passed unanimously.
Financial: Jim Stech
Reported $358,000 in bank and $42,000 in operating cash. Three owners were sent the pay plan letter from our attorney for monies in arears. Association is basically on budget. Current overage on expenses is due to removal of construction materials. Project should be finished late December/early January.
Maintenance/Repairs: Kelly Lough
Buildings 1100, 1000, 900 and 800 are completed. Moving to 1400 building. This project includes decks, fascia, staircases and storage areas behind fireplaces as needed.
Roofing contract to start with signing Oct. 19. Bid accepted. Contractor will be paid per building. This should be a 6 week project.
The sliding windows/doors for the patios are no longer made in the current finish. Paul made the motion and Bob seconded that Board proceed with white. Passed unanimously
Pool code will change Nov. 16, 2015 to 324. This will be noted in the newsletter.
1. Tennis courts: fence repair, resurface and new locks will be in the 2016-2017 budgets to complete.
2. Shades on patios: tabled until next meeting
3. Policy on enforcement: Bob will write a letter and have our attorney approve, to send to violators to repair within 30 days. After 30 days, Association will fix and bill owner of unit.
Paul to look into setting up violations@KACA.com for anyone to report issues for the board to address. This will be in the newsletter
4. Storm shutters: when painting begins, any shutters not in compliance with current wind storm rules will be removed for painting and cannot legally be reinstalled.
Board will have an approved storm shutter for installation at owner’s expense and purchase to install.
5. Storm doors: If a storm door is not wanted, KACA will remove it. If a storm door is wanted, there is one the board has approved for all units which will be installed. This is a single pane glass door.
All current storm doors are grandfathered. Before painting, a letter needs to go out explaining storm shutters and storm doors.
6. Costs to upgrade property lighting, unit numbers, unit outside lighting, will be costed out by Paul and reviewed when the painting bids are received to prioritize.